Fill out a simple, secure small claims questionnaire


Fast Legal Filing's paralegal will review, research and prepare your case.


Once your Small Claims is drafted, we will send you the doucments with instrcutions.


Small Claims Court Indiana

Indiana Small Claims Statute of Limitation. - Minimum Amount For Small Claims Court Indiana

Currently, in most Indiana counties, litigants can only file a lawsuit in small claims court if the amount in dispute is less than $6,000. Effective July 1, 2020, this amount will be increased to $8,000 across the entire state of Indiana.
In Small Claims Court of Indiana, small claims court is designed to provide quick and easy access to the courts for persons with legal grievances when their claims do not exceed $6,000.00. Any individual, business or corporation may bring a small claims suit for the recovery of money.

Small Claims Court Indiana Fees

An Indiana Small Claims Court is a court which handles smaller cases. The small claims paper filing fee is $97.00, Small Claim (Electronic Filing) fee is $87.00, and Trust is $177.00.
Court fee is $80. Court fees are applied later during the process and not today. Serving includes restricted mail service & sheriff/private process options will be provided to you later during the procedure. All fees are added to the case against the defendant so you can recover these costs.

How much does it cost to go to small claims court in Indiana?

There is a $30 filing fee for a case asking for up to $1500. To claim over $1500, and up to $5,000, there is a filing fee of $50.  If your claim is above $5,000, the filing fee is $75. If you file more than 12 cases in a year, subsequent cases will cost $100.

Indiana Small Claims Form

You can get small claims form for Indiana in $97 for small claims paper filing, small claim electronic filing fee is 87$ against one defendant. If you would like to file small claims in online court of Indiana, you can file your small claims by hiring small claims attorney and file a state of claims. You can serve the complaint by mail using: Certified, Restricted Delivery/Return Receipt Requested. If the defendant is a corporation, the statutory agent must be served.