Fill out a simple, secure small claims questionnaire


Fast Legal Filing's paralegal will review, research and prepare your case.


Once your Small Claims is drafted, we will send you the doucments with instrcutions.


Small Claims Court South Dakota

South Dakota Small Claims Statute of Limitation. - Minimum Amount For Small Claims Court South Dakota

A claim may be brought in south Dakota small claims courts if: you want to recover money and the amount you want to recover is $15,000.00 or less; or you want to cancel an agreement that involved material fraud, deception, misrepresentation, or false promise, and the amount of the agreement is $15,000.00 or less." and no more than six years have passed since the date of the debt or date of the last payment.
In Small Claims Court Of South Dakota, The Magistrate Court Is An Informal Court That Handles Money Claims Of Less Than $ 12,000. This Court Offers A Quick And Inexpensive Process For Complaint Resolution. Any Individual, Business Or Corporation May Bring A Small Claims Suit For The Recovery Of Money When The Amount Requested Is $15,000 Or Less.

Small Claims Court South Dakota Fees

The Court Fee Is Around $20-$50 Depending On The County. Court Fees Are Applied Later During The Process And Not Today. Serving Includes Restricted Mail Service & Sheriff/Private Process Options Will Be Provided To You Later During The Procedure. All Fees Are Added To The Case Against The Defendant So You Can Recover These Costs. To File Your Case And Serve Defendant, The Price For This State Is $74.95.

How much does it cost to go to small claims court in South Dakota?

There is a $30 filing fee for a case asking for up to $1500. To claim over $1500, and up to $5,000, there is a filing fee of $50.  If your claim is above $5,000, the filing fee is $75. If you file more than 12 cases in a year, subsequent cases will cost $100.

South Dakota Small Claims Form

South Dakota Small Claim Filing Fee Is $ 12,000 Against Any Individual, Business, Or Corporation. You may bring a Small Claims suit for the recovery of money when the amount requested is $60 or less.  You can serve the complaint by mail using: Certified, Restricted Delivery/Return Receipt Requested. If the defendant is a corporation, the statutory agent must be served.