Fill out a simple, secure small claims questionnaire


Fast Legal Filing's paralegal will review, research and prepare your case.


Once your Small Claims is drafted, we will send you the doucments with instrcutions.


Small Claims Court Nebraska

NebraskaSmall Claims Statute of Limitation. - Minimum Amount For Small Claims Court Nebraska

In Nebraska, small claims are handled by the county court. Those cases which do not exceed a monetary amount of $3,600.00 may be adjudicated by the small claims division.
In Small Claims Court of Nebraska, any individual, business or corporation may bring a small claims suit for the recovery of money only where the amount owed is $3,500 or less. Attorneys are not allowed. Judgments in Small Claims Court may not exceed $3,500.

Small Claims Court Nebraska Fees

Filing a Small Claims Case in Nebraska, the Judgments in small claims court may not exceed $3,900.The filing fee is $26.00 and serving the claim form on the defendant by certified mail costs approximately $5.73. If you arrange to have the constable or sheriff serve the defendant with the petition, this will cost $20.00 to $30.00. The judge will not hear your case unless the defendant has been properly served with the claim form.
Court fee is $35. Serving includes restricted mail service & sheriff/private process options will be provided to you later during the procedure. All fees are added to the case against the defendant so you can recover these costs.

How much does it cost to go to small claims court in Nebraska

There is a $30 filing fee for a case asking for up to $1500. To claim over $1500, and up to $5,000, there is a filing fee of $50.  If your claim is above $5,000, the filing fee is $75. If you file more than 12 cases in a year, subsequent cases will cost $100.

Nebraska Small Claims Form

You can get small claims form for Nebraska in  $26.00  against one defendant. If you would like to file small claims in online court of Nebraska, you can file your small claims by hiring small claims attorney and file a state of claims. You can serve the complaint by mail using: Certified, Restricted Delivery/Return Receipt Requested. If the defendant is a corporation, the statutory agent must be served.