Fill out a simple, secure small claims questionnaire


Fast Legal Filing's paralegal will review, research and prepare your case.


Once your Small Claims is drafted, we will send you the doucments with instrcutions.


Small Claims Court Missouri

Missouri Small Claims Statute of Limitation. - Minimum Amount For Small Claims Court Missouri

The Missouri Small Claims Division was established to help people handle Small Claims cases of $5,000.00 or less, with or without an attorney. The law allows court clerks for this case type only, to assist you in filling out all forms and pleadings necessary for the presentation of your claim or counterclaim.
In Small Claims Court of Missouri, any individual, business or corporation may bring a small claims suit for the recovery of money only where the amount owed is $5,000 or less.

Small Claims Court Missouri Fees

Small claims court is part of the district court division of the Missouri state court system. Magistrates decide cases in small claims court. The filing fee is $27+ Filing fee and a Services fee is $ 500 based on certified mail, personal services by deputy including garnishment fee.
Court fee is around $17-$35 depending on county. Court fees are applied later during the process and not today. Serving includes restricted mail service & sheriff/private process options will be provided to you later during the procedure. All fees are added to the case against the defendant so you can recover these costs.

How much does it cost to go to small claims court in Missouri?

There is a $30 filing fee for a case asking for up to $1500. To claim over $1500, and up to $5,000, there is a filing fee of $50.  If your claim is above $5,000, the filing fee is $75. If you file more than 12 cases in a year, subsequent cases will cost $100.

Missouri Small Claims Form

You can get small claims form for Missouri in $82 against one defendant. If you would like to file small claims in online court of Missouri, you can file your small claims by hiring small claims attorney and file a state of claims. You can serve the complaint by mail using: Certified, Restricted Delivery/Return Receipt Requested. If the defendant is a corporation, the statutory agent must be served.